Saturday, December 31, 2011

Android - Test App : Issues I faced and Solution


It was the first time I an trying with Android ... You might as well face the similar issues for the first time try.

1) Android emulator-arm.exe crashing in Windows XP - Space in SDK HOME
2) Can't see the App even after it got started as per console logs - Unlock
There seems to be 2-3 reasons behind the issues I faced.
1) The SDK directory should not have space in path (folder name). I had installed in 'Program FIles'. Also its better to have all sub directories in the SDK path to be <8 characters.
I used a small, no space directory for installing SDK.  The error gone.

2) I was not patient enough to avoid clicking the screen till the app loads completely it seems.

3) I have to unlock the AVD screen to see the app.. I didn't notice that.. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment